Thursday, December 26, 2013

TCM Remembers 2013


  Turner Classic Movies has put up their annual "TCM Remembers" video. Here's a link to it. Though saying I look forward to each year sounds a bit strange, its always a part of my year end ritual to watch this at least a few times. Its always nice to see how they acknowledge the "character" faces and the behind the camera artists such as screenwriters, producers, set dressers & cinematographers.
  I'm always a bit saddened to watch this and invariably I see people that I didn't know had passed, as this time I noticed John Kerr (THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM) had left us. In the years past they've missed some of the "cult" (for want of a better word) actors and actresses, so it was nice to see (and with a lump in my throat) that this year they included Jim Kelly (ENTER THE DRAGON), Haji (FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!) and my favorite Hammer actress Diane Clare (PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES).







No comments:

Post a Comment