Saturday, March 30, 2013

1969 Ratty Catalog From The Rat's Hole

    Recently found this while rummaging thru a box of stuff. I remember ordering this out of the back of a comic book when I was about 10 years old and saving up my money to order one of the shirts. Looks to be an Ed "Big Daddy" Roth sorta enterprise with "Big Daddy" Rat instead. I love this kinda stuff. The catalog is really cool. Lots of girls, psychedelic/ biker stuff, monsters in car T-shirts, chrome plated German helmets and giant beer steins. Looking at the catalog now, I wonder what my parents thought about me getting this in the mail ? By their address they looked to have been right down by the ocean in Daytona Beach, FL. I'd love to find someone who remembers this place.







Hey Look ! You can be Miss Rat -Mate !!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I live for this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Daytona and airbrushed shirts across the street from Rats Hole. The photo is of the original location on Main Street. Mid 1970s It moved to corner of A1A and Main.St. one block from beach. And is still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that their still around ! I love this kind of stuff. Thank a bunch !

      Delete